The Association offers a wide range of single and three-part Additional Qualification (AQ) courses. Generally, courses run in one of three sessions - fall, spring, and summer. All courses are 125 hours in duration.
The Association also offers AQ courses in a modular format. Each module is approximately 20-25 hours in length. A full AQ course has five modules, four for Mathematics. Modules are open for a full six weeks in each AQ session (fall, spring, or summer). Modules will be offered twice, in each AQ session, when interest warrants.
Courses currently open for registration have live links to access registration. Consult the AQ calendar to see when other courses will be offered.
Summer Registration is Now Open:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) – Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- French as a Second Language (FSL) – Part 1 (Face 2 Face), Part 2, Specialist
- Guidance and Career Education – Part 1, Part 2
- Health and Physical Education (I/S) – Part 1
- Integration of Technology in the Classroom – Part 1, Part 2, Specialist *Part 1 offered as a Modules
- Kindergarten – Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Librarianship – Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Mathematics – Part 1, Part 2, Specialist *Part 1 offered as Modules
- Mathematics Grade 7 & 8 – single session
- Media – Part 1
- Primary Education – Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Reading – Part 1, Part 2, Specialist *Part 1 available as Modules
- Religious Education – Part 1 (face2face), Part 2 (face2face), Specialist (face2face) *Part 2 available as Modules
- Special Education – Part 1, Part 2, Specialist
- Special Education – Autism Spectrum Disorders – single session *available as modules
- Student Assessment and Evaluation – single session *available as modules
- Use of Assistive Technology in the Classroom – Part 1
- Writing – Part 1, Part 2